Monday 21 January 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick in 'Curvy Candy'






I picked this up at Duty Free in August, I think these retail for around £16? And I got mine for £12. 

I picked up the shade 'Curvy Candy' because it seemed like a nice medium pink and because I was forking out £12 for a tinted lip balm I wanted a shade I'd wear often!

I like the fact that this has a wind up mechanism to get more product because I think that this makes it so much easier than having to sharpen it, and I'm always losing sharpeners. I also love the design of this, I love how chic it looks and I also love the fact the packaging matches the colour.

Now onto the actual product. Now obviously this is marketed as more of a tinted lip balm than a full on lipstick, although saying this the pigmentation is fantastic! Some of the other shades are more sheer so I think that the pigmentation of these depends on which shade you pick, but this one is certainly pigmented. The swatch above is just from one swipe of this pencil which is fantastic. This applies really  nicely and smoothly over the lips and doesn't emphasis dry lips which is fantastic, especially in winter. It applies with a nice glossy finish but isn't sticky or overly shiny which is good because I hate sticky lip glosses/ balms! 

As for lasting power? It's not fantastic, but I wasn't expecting it to be because thats not really the product that its market as. It probably lasts 2 hours, and it leaves a slight tint to the lips even after this time. However this is not going to last you all day and does need reapplying quite often. However, it is fantastic that this doesn't just slide off straight away or within a few minutes, so I think that for the type of product this is the lasting power is great.

I haven't actually tried any of the drugstore alternatives to this yet so I can't actually compare this to any of them and say whether this is on parr with any of the drugstore alternatives, but I wear this everyday and absolutely love it! However would I fork out another £16 for another one? I don't know, it depends what the drugstore alternatives are like. Don't get me wrong this product is absolutely fantastic but for what it is £16 is extremely expensive,and I think £8 would be more appropriate.

Thanks for reading

Do you have a chubby stick? What do you think of it?
& what are the drugstore alternatives like?

Beaumaquillagex

Enter my feather hair extension giveaway here

26 comments:

  1. £12 for one of those is such good value! They seem worth the money :-) I hope you get the wear out of it, it does seem a lovely neutral shade that you can wear daily. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhah yes! Much better than £16! They are realy good :) aww thankyou :D xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the Chubby Sticks, I love the Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains they're by far my favourite lip product at the moment. Love the shade you picked x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very good! I would definitely recommend checking them out, and if you're travelling anywhere anytime soon or know someone who is they do three packs of these for £30! Which works out at £10 each which is a bargain. I definitely need to try those, I have heard some great things about them. Thankyou :) xx

      Delete
    2. I like the lipbalms from the body shop,they seem to give my lips more volume <3

      Delete
    3. I love the body shop lip balms too! Especially the coconut one :D xx

      Delete
  3. I really like the colour of this, and they seem such a great idea!

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! It is the perfect medium pink :) xx

      Delete
  4. I definitely want to try one of these and also very keen to try the eyeshadow chubby sticks from Clinique - but I totally see your point on the £16 and whether it compares to other places. I have tried the Topshop lipsticks in a similar format and I liked those but I did get dry lips pretty quickly - i bet Clinique would leave them a lot softer. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend them! I didn't know they did eyeshadow chubby sticks! I will definitely have to check them out :D Yeah thats the thing, they are fantastic and I'm sure they're much better quality but it is quite a lot of money :/ Welcome! Thanks for reading :D Xx

      Delete
  5. I really want to try a chubbu stick as I adore the Revlon JB stains!

    Em

    x

    Em’s Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! I really want to try the Revlon JB stains, I think I might pick one up!xx

      Delete
  6. These look very similar to the revlon lipstains. Looks a lovely shade.

    Kate @ sparkle dust x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i definitely need to try one of those! xx

      Delete
  7. To be honest I was slightly disappointed with mine, not so much with the actual product but I am into quite vivid lip colours at the moment and think I would have probably been better off with one of the intense versions as it's a bit too subtle for me.

    thelittleblogofbeauty.tumblr.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see, yeah they are not super vibrant, more of a tint or sheer colour :) Although I think they do a fuschia shade which is quite vibrant :D xx

      Delete
  8. What a lovely colour, and I've never tried anything like this one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D It's such a wearable colour:)xx

      Delete
  9. I'd love to try these. I've used the Revlon dupes which are good, but would love a Chubby stick xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! I definitely recommend them :D I need to try the Revlon alternatives :) xx

      Delete
  10. Chubby sticks look amazing and gorgeous colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! I definitely recommend picking one up :D xx

      Delete
  11. I've always wanted to try one of these... they have such good reviews! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super amazing! Definitely recommend picking this up :D xx

      Delete
  12. Ooh I really want to try this now! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same one and really love it! It's so pigmented too which I love

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for commenting, it makes me smile! I will be sure to reply to all comments within 24 hours. Please feel free to leave your blog link, but not 'Follow for follow' because then I definitely won't follow you! Thanks :) x