Wednesday 13 June 2012

MEMEME Shimmy Shimmers in Gold Shimmer

I have long been a fan of MEMEME and their dupes for higher end brands at a drugstore price! For example they do boxed powders like Benefit & a dupe for Benefit's Posie Tint, Benetint, High Beam & Moon Beam. This shimmer brick is like the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick :) MEMEME is available exclusively in Superdrug and they have very reasonable prices for such good quality products.


So onto the review! I am obsessed with highlighters and I wear them all year round. In winter I tend to go for frostier more sparklier highlighters in white & pink shades. But in the summer I like something a little more natural and in a gold or tan shade! 

So here is the Shimmer Brick:
You can use these shades seperately or swirl your brush in all of them(which is what I do). This shimmerbrick has a white shade and 4 different shades of bronze/gold. This has shimmer in it but not too much, and when I wear this I get a lot of people saying 'wow you look so healthy!' when really it is this. It is not super glittery as the shimmer is finely milled so it looks so natural!

This powder is gorgeous and smooth and not gritty like some powder products that contain shimmer can be. It applies to the skin really nicely and doesn't drop glitter all over your face. I like to apply this with my 'Real Techniques Blush Brush' and I find this applies it really nicely. 

So here is a swatch of the product:
This is not blended this is just a swatch but as you can see it is a beautiful colour and really adds a beautiful glow to the skin! It also doesn't look really powdery and chalky like some powders from the drugstore can be. I really really love it and will definately be picking up the other colours in the collection!

My only bad thing to say about this product is the packaging isn't ideal. It has a lovely big mirror and a magnetic closing mechanism which is great and I love those two aspects! However this is made from cardboard and therefore isn't overly makeup bag friendly or travel friendly. It is sturdy cardboard & not flimsy and there is not much risk of the product been damaged as it is in a metal pan. But I really don't like card packaging as it deforms easily and then it doesn't look great.

But that is only a small thing & I love the product.

Have you tried any MEMEME products?

Beaumaquillagex

p.s do you like my new camera?


6 comments:

  1. I love MeMeMe products especially the highlighters :) Love your blog, just followed you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They are amazing, aww thankyou so much! xxx

      Delete
  2. This looks really nice, and looks like it would work on pale skin like mine too. Will have to pick this up for the summer :) x

    beautyimaginarium.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have extremely pale skin & it works very well for me! Thanks for reading :D x

      Delete
  3. This looks pretty! I've never tried anything from MeMeMe before but this looks good :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good! I have noticed they do a lot of Benefit dupes :) x

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting, it makes me smile! I will be sure to reply to all comments within 24 hours. Please feel free to leave your blog link, but not 'Follow for follow' because then I definitely won't follow you! Thanks :) x