Today I will be doing a review of the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer in 002. This was requested by the lovely Gladys you can check her blog out here
What Rimmel say about the product:
'Skin-perfecting primer formula for 5 in 1 results: smoothes, resurfaces, brightens, mattifies & protects. Prolongs foundation wear. Apply to clean skin. Wear alone or under foundation.'
So I will start off by saying that I have never worn this alone, only under foundation.
I absolutely love this product, and will continue to repurchase this, and I can't be without it. I think this primer is phenomenal and amazing and I can't really get over the quality.
This primer doesn't make me break out which is always good, and doesn't make my skin feel oily(I have oily/combination skin). Although when it comes out of the tube it is white it goes on clear and doesn't create any white cast. It is a gel formula and creates a super smooth base for you to apply your foundation onto. I can definitely notice a difference if I am not wearing this under my foundation because it looks less smooth and even, and doesn't look as flawless and 'finished'.
So now onto the claims:
- Smoothes- I can definitely agree with this claim and it makes your skin feel so smooth and soft. I don't know how this would work on someone with enlarged pores because I personally don't have noticeable pores.
- Resurfaces- I would definitely agree to this as it makes my skin look more even and fills in miner wrinkles(I don't have any, but I have tried this on my Mum) and it just creates a very even and level base for foundation to be applied onto.
- Brightens- I think this does make your face look less dull, but it is not super duper noticeable so if you are looking for something super brightening and uplifting then this isn't really going to give you that.
- Mattifies- I would say this definitely mattifies my skin a bit and doesn't make it look super oily or greasy like some primers do which is great.
- Protects- This primer doesn't aggravate any blemishes at all and does seem to create a good barrier between my skin & foundation which I like as I feel like my skin is protected.
This primer does have a slight scent to it, which in my opinion is absolutely gorgeous, and I do have quite sensitive skin and I have never found that the scent has caused my skin any problems, but if you have super sensitive skin you may want to be cautious of this, although I have never had a problem with this.
This primer retails for £6.99 for 30ml and that lasts ages, it is a wonderful price and I would definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone! I think this will work for a lot of people.
Thanks for reading
Have you tried this?
What is your favourite primer?